Re: the GPL is a license not a contract ..

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: the GPL is a license not a contract ..
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:58:39 -0400

"Doug Mentohl" <doug_mentohl@linuxmail.org> wrote in message news:gp8cfj$h5p$1@news.datemas.de...
amicus_curious wrote:

Microsoft's anti-GPL offensive this summer has sparked renewed speculation about whether the GPL is ``enforceable.'' This particular example of ``FUD'' (fear, uncertainty and doubt) is always a little amusing to me.

I don't think that this qualifies as FUD per se. It goes more to the undermining of the FSF and the FOSS idea rather than to the promotion of Microsoft or even the demise of OSS as opposed to FOSS. No GPL, no Stallman cult, is all it means.