Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Tom Tom and Microsofts Linux patent lock-down ..
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:18:48 -0400

"Hyman Rosen" <hyrosen@mail.com> wrote in message news:heUvl.110217$RJ7.36253@newsfe18.iad...
amicus_curious wrote:
Said like a true loser in denial.

The users of Verizon's FiOS routers are now, as a result of
the SFLC suit, able to run, read, modify, and share the
software supplied with those routers. As this is the only
purpose of GPL enforcement, we truly see a case of the pot
calling the kettle black.

Oh, I haven't heard of any Verizon customer re-programming his router. That seems kind of useless anyway. If it's not working, call Verizon, they'll come fix it for free. As to sharing the software, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for that either. After so many years of offering it all for free, there are so few takers. Why bother with some second hand version from Verizon anyway, if you are in the market for Linux and its layered apps? You can get it from the horse's mouth with more certainty that it will work and that you can get some support if needs be. I think it is case of a tempest in a teapot.

The only people being hassled by the SFLC are the people using Linux in their products. Seems like a stupid tactic.