Re: IBM doesn't like the GPL

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: IBM doesn't like the GPL
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:57:36 -0500

On 2009-03-19, Peter Köhlmann <peter-koehlmann@t-online.de> wrote:
> Rjack wrote:
>
>> Peter Köhlmann wrote:

[deletia]
> [...]

    This is precisely the sort of lopsided situation that the GPL
was engineered to avoid (of course).

> Yes. It physically hurts seeing such incredibly stupid bullshit like your
> idiotic rants

...of course a monopolist (past or present) wants to take everything
and not give anything back. The GPL puts you on equal footing with
your competitors. Of course IBM wants to be able to freely take things
from others (bsdl) while forcing others to "give back" (gpl).

   The whole reason that the GPL exists is that we all know that we
can't trust corporations to "play nice" without some big club being
held over their heads. It's very much like Law & Order in general.

--
        Linux: because everyone should get to drink the beer of their    |||
choice and not merely be limited to pretensious imports or hard cider.  / | \