Re: More FSF hypocrisy

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: More FSF hypocrisy
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:17:58 -0400

"Thufir Hawat" <hawat.thufir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:YHsyl.202296$fM1.74521@newsfe14.iad...
On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:09:32 -0400, Rjack wrote:

IF A COPYRIGHT LICENSE EXISTS, ITS LANGUAGE WILL BE INTERPRETED AS A
CONTRACT IN DETERMINING ITS COVENANTS FOR PURPOSES OF BREACH AND THEN
EXAMINED FOR LANGUAGE DETERMINING SCOPE FOR PURPOSES OF INFRINGEMENT.

Assuming this is so, what's your point?

The point of an original newsgroup post seems to evolvs with the number
of posts to the thread. I think we were discussing legal enforcement of
the GPL.

If EULA are contracts, what makes the GPL different from other EULA, in
your view?

It is not any different at all.  Both are contracts.

Now, what do you think happens when such a contract is breached?