Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 16:44:12 +0000 (UTC)

Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

>American common law is historically based upon English
>common law:

>"1.  This Act shall be known as THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF
>CALIFORNIA, and is in Four Divisions, as follows:
>. . .
>22.2.  The common law of England, so far as it is not repugnant to
>or inconsistent with the Constitution of the United States, or the
>Constitution or laws of this State, is the rule of decision in all
>the courts of this State."

Interesting. When I quoted an Australian law professor in the context of
defining common law contract terms, Rjack took exception, because he
thought such things are determined by the US Circuit courts.  Now he has
reversed himself and suddenly English common law is viable again.

What new profound insights will we he provide us with next? Stay tuned!
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/