Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: The GPL means what you want it to mean
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 05:51:52 +0000 (UTC)

Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

>> (I'm assuming that Rjack's recent sources of authority, namely,
>> answers.com and merriam-webster.com, will not suffice here.)

>I had hoped after trying to teach you that the meaning of the term
>"illegal" changed with a change contexts, that a little something
>would have soaked in. It obviously didn't.

Well, consider this. We have a couple of hundred years (maybe more?) of
case law discussing when a contract should be unenforceable due to
illegality.

But ignoring all that case law, you went instead to answers.com and
merriam-webster.com to prove your point.

I was sardonically pointing out that you quote the authorities you want
to quote, not the authorities most relevant to the issue.  Now for
obvious reasons I don't expect our friend amicus_curious to cite any
case law.  But from you, Rjack, I had expected better.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/