Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: JMRI case -- Implementation of the Federal Circuit's Opinion
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:32:55 +0200

Rjack wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Developments:
>
> > 3. KAM filed a motion to transfer the case to the 9th Circuit:
> >
> > http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/docket/cafc-pi-2/Katzer_Motion_to_Transfer_to_Ninth_Circuit_3-10-09.pd
> >

> Perhaps we will see the final copyright ruling in this case brought to
> a conclusion that is in agreement with the prevailing law of all
> Circuits *except* the rogue CAFC.

Well, not soon.

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/docket/300.pdf

"Defendants moved to transfer the appeal from the Federal Circuit to the
Ninth Circuit. The Federal Circuit denied DefendantsÂ’ motion on Monday,
April 20, 2009.

On a related note, the Federal Circuit Mediation program contacted both
parties on Friday, April 3, 2009, in an attempt to mediate the appeal
and the dispute pending before this Court. Jacobsen has consented to
mediation. Defendants stated that they would not participate voluntarily
unless the scope of mediation was limited to preliminary injunction
issues and excluded all patent issues that Jacobsen could appeal at
final judgment."

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)