Re: GPL traitor !

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:49:45 -0500

On 2009-05-01, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> writes:
>
>>> David Kastrup belched:

>> Well then, you're wrong, too.
>
> And likely a "Fuddie" as well.

>> Do you really think that "ratios of slowness" need to be calculated?
>> Sheesh, man, you're running off a CD.  You can hear it and see the
>> results.
>
> And?  There are live disks that install in 15 minutes on a good system.
> There are live disks that take 2 hours (take the TeXlive DVD).  There
> are differences in layout and effectiveness.  As I said: the CD
> exacerbates the situation.  If the result is worse than expected, it

    No it doesn't. Clearly your own example disproves this.

    Poor engineering screws up the situation. It really amazes me how
Apple wants more than an hour just to check over their install DVD. I
can be over and done with an Ubuntu install in that time and be most
of the way towards finishing a manual development build of something
like MythTV (although there are even pre-built packages for even that).

> might point to the access patterns being worse than expected, and that
> may well reflect on the installed system performance.

[deletia]

--
NO! There are no CODICILES of Fight Club!                           |||
                                                                   / | \