Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:10:35 +0200

Doctor Smith <iaintgotnostinkinemail@ols.net> writes:

> On Wed, 06 May 2009 09:53:04 +0200, Hadron wrote:
>
>> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> writes:

>>> What you call "corner cases" are cases that have arisen frequently in
>>> the real world, and have been the source of much argument on such places
>>> as the Linux kernel mailing list.  GNOME arose from the controversy over
>>> one of these "corner cases".  Free, secure email was delayed over one of
>>> these "corner cases".  The vast majority of Linux-based cell phones fall
>>> into one of these "corner cases", and are violating GPL, according to
>>> the interpretation of GPL at fsf.org.
>>>
>>> A corner case is (from Wikipedia):
>>>
>>>    A corner case (or pathological case) is a problem or situation that
>>>    occurs only outside of normal operating parameters ‹ specifically
>>>    one that manifests itself when multiple environmental variables or
>>>    conditions are simultaneously at extreme levels, even though each
>>>    parameter is within the specified range for that parameter.
>>>
>>> If the "main meanings" of the GPL are so clear, how come so many people
>>> keep hitting these corner cases?  Corner cases are supposed to be rare
>>> and hard to hit--not commonly run into like they are with GPL.
>>
>> As usual Arestrom comes out of a thread looking like a total idiot. His
>> willingness to look like a clueless dick in the "advocate" cause is
>> nothing short of amazing.
>
> It's creepy.
>

>> The key here was that "NO, the GPL is NOT easily understood by everyone
>> and anyone  that thinks it is is living in dream land".
>
> Like I said before, just the fact that these GPL threads go on for days and
> across multiple groups, shows that the GPL is not understood.
>
>> But no. Liarsuck has to come ranting and raving about "corner
>> cases". Headcases more like.
>
> He has to keep Spamowitz happy.
>
>> Despite all the proof Liarmutt will continue to yip and chase his tail
>> all in the cause of doing his Master Roy's bidding.
>>
>> It's embarrassing for all to see.
>
> Yes it is.
> To see a seemingly grown person act like a school girl fawning over her 11
> grade math teacher is very sad.

Seriously, Chris Arsetrom's behaviour here gives me the willies. It's
downright creepy. When you see decent posters like Tim Smith slapping
him down you know he's gone to far with his sucking up.

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to