Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 18:56:27 +0200

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> writes:

> In article <slrnh05ntl.6u0.jedi@nomad.mishnet>,
>  JEDIDIAH <jedi@nomad.mishnet> wrote:
>
>> On 2009-05-07, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The question of whether or not a work is "dependent on" someone else's
>> > work doesn't even arise, because the relationship "dependent on" is not
>> > a relationship that has any meaning in copyright law.
>>
>>     Stop pretending to be a lawyer. It's a felony in most places.
>
> That was hilarious.  You make claims about copyright law, even though
> you are not a lawyer, and show now evidence of having done any serious
> study of copyright law, nor of having any training in copyright law.
> You apparently think that is OK, or you wouldn't be doing it.
>
> I make claims about copyright law, based on having taken (and done very
> well in) copyright law when I was in law school, and based on having
> discussed these issues with my copyright professor and with practicing
> copyright attorneys, and on having read the relevant cases, the relevant
> law review articles, the statutes, legislative history and committee
> reports behind the statutes, and so on. According to you, that's *not*
> OK!?  For people who aren't lawyers, it's only OK to talk about law if
> they do so from a position of complete ignorance, like you do??

Welcome to COLA. Similar high level pronouncements from Jeb include how
Virtual Desktops are better than Multiple x screens and monitors,
Ahlstrom on Mono, Ahlstrom on the GPL, Roy on KDE, Koehlmann on anti
aliasing and Tel"net" Porter on OSS applications not available for
Windows (they all were), Halliwell on why multi function handhelds are
bad (better to have several devices in case you get mugged
.. bwahahahahahahaha). I could go on....

COLA is a laugh a minute!

--
In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to