Re: GPL traitor !

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 21:26:03 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>> At the same time, it's a legitimate question to put to Hadron and
>> you why you spend so much energy posting here, and whether you're
>> doing so on behalf of an organisation hostile to free software.
>> Care to answer these questions?

> Why is it a "legitimate" question? Does copyright law change if
> organizations are "hostile" to "free" software? If I were really
> a Microsoft lawyer it wouldn't change copyright law one iota.

If you were known to be a lawyer, people would lend far more credence
to what you write about legal matters, and the discussions would
procede more smoothly.

If you were known to be in a "hostile" organisation, we would be
justified in being more than a little sceptical about what you say.

If you clam up totally about what you are, what you do, who you're doing
it for, as you're doing, people are going to think ill of you, and that
doesn't help the discussions.

> It's really none of your business why I spend "so much energy posting
> here".

Oh, it's like that, is it?  ;-)

> We can play a little game where you accuse me of being a Microsoft
> monopoly shill and I accuse you of being a Marxist Freetard. Wanna
> play that little name-calling game ad nauseum?

Well "accuse" isn't an appropriate word for being associated with
Microsoft, because there's nothing criminal or shameful about that
(despite what some crazy folks might say); nor for being marxist,
though as it happens, I'm not a marxist.  But there's shame in being
a shill (it's dishonest and deceitful) and as for "Freetard" it all
depends on what (if anything) the word means.

> Sincerely,
> Rjack :)

Sleep well!

--