Re: GPL traitor !

From: Joerg Schilling
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: 19 May 2009 22:08:52 GMT

In article <4A11A892.E09B4FBE@web.de>,
Alexander Terekhov  <terekhov@web.de> wrote:

>Hyman Rosen wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>> > How about Larry, Hyman? (Larry Rosen.
>>
>> He's wrong too, regardless of whom he advises. I do not see
>> where anyone has taken his advice and has copied GPLed software
>> in a way that he claims is permitted but which I claim is not.
>
>Go tell it to Cisco, Broadcom and others who ship proprietary modules
>linked into the aggregate together with the GPL'd stuff.

Also remember Veritas.....

Veritas shipped a modified version of GNU tar that was linked against
closed sourse libraries delivered together with the otherwise slightly
modified source.

The FSF did never sue Veritas, guess why....

      js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)
      joerg.schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog:
http://schily.blogspot.com/