Re: Fw: [FSF] FSF Settles Suit Against Cisco

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Fw: [FSF] FSF Settles Suit Against Cisco
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:57:30 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > David Kastrup wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Oh, PR people and CEOs are supposed to deliver all the definite answers
> >> to all things files in the legal department, when asked unprepared?
> >
> > Feel free to contract Cicso's legal department, silly.
>
> You are the one purporting to represent Cisco's official position on
> this, not I.

What?!

http://www.fsf.org/news/2009-05-cisco-settlement.html

"The Free Software Foundation (FSF) and Cisco Systems, Inc. are pleased
to announce that they have reached a joint agreement.

Media Contacts

Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer
Free Software Foundation
+1 (617) 542 5942 x18
brett@fsf.org
###"

The FSF in capacity of Brett Smith is the one purporting to represent
Cisco's official position on this, not me.

I'm just not buying it, silly.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)