Re: GPL traitor !

From: jellybean stonerfish
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: 15 Jun 2009 19:43:46 GMT

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:23:21 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Sigh.  A program is not a legally responsible entity.  The responsible
> party is the _writer_ of the program.  I can't push away the
> responsibility about what a program of mine does to somebody else.
>
> Computer viruses are _exclusively_ executed by people different from the
> virus author, on thousands of computers.  Does it make _them_ reponsible
> for what their computers do?  Does it make the infected _programs_
> responsible?  Does it make the _computers_ responsible?  Does it make
> the _virus_ responsible?
>
> No, the responsible party is the virus _author_.  What happens is a
> consequence of what _he_ did and intended.

The user of a computer with a virus (trojan, etc ) does not authorize the
virus's use.
The computer with a virus is not under control of the owner of the
computer.
The user of a normal app is responsible for the execution of the app.
The computer with a normal app is under control of the owner of the
computer, not the writer of the app.
Your argument is stupid.