Re: GPL traitor !

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:58:29 +0200

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> Rjack wrote:
> > It's no reason to be angry at a few people just because they
> > altruistically inform you that there exists no exclusive right
> > to "prepare" a collective work similar to the right to prepare a
> > derivative work. Graciously accept the correction and move on to
> > greener pastures.
>
> If you are mistaken rather than deliberately lying, I suggest

Go to doctor, silly.

HOUSE REPORT NO. 94-1476:

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Index:H.R._Rep._No._94-1476

-----
A ''compilation'' results from a process of selecting, bringing
together, organizing, and arranging previously existing material
of all kinds, regardless of whether the individual items in the
material have been or ever could have been subject to copyright
[...] an unauthorized translation of a novel [i.e. derivative work]
could not be copyrighted at all, but the owner of copyright in an
anthology of poetry [i.e. compilation] could sue someone who
infringed the whole anthology, even though the infringer proves
that publication of one of the poems was unauthorized.
-----

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)