Re: compile gnu in Windows

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: compile gnu in Windows
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:58:51 +0000 (UTC)

JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,

> Very sorry if I post my question in a wrong news group.

No need to apologise.  Though this isn't really a good group to ask
about anything intelligent, being used mainly for bickering by people
who don't like the GPL and spam from a New York Linux group.

> I recently downloaded "recode" from www.gnu.org.  I want to compile it
> in MS Windows.  I tried to nmake but didn't find any .mak in the
> download folder.  Can someone point me a direction to educate me how to
> compile in Windows free software from www.gnu.org?  Any help is much
> appreciated.

I suggest you post in the newgroup comp.lang.c.  There will surely be
people there who've managed to compile GNU software in MS-Windows.

Best of luck!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).