Re: Licensing issues with a research project

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Licensing issues with a research project
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:49:26 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:
[...]
> Concerning the "Does OO-inheritance, plain linking, or only physical
> modification create a derivated work?", I found this statement on the
> LGPL wikipedia page:
>
> ,----
> | The LGPL contains no special provisions for inheritance, because none
> | are needed. Inheritance creates derivative works in the same way as
> | traditional linking, and the LGPL permits this type of derivative work
> | in the same way as it permits ordinary function calls.
> `----

Note that you've quoted "clarification [which] is given on the official
GNU website".

It reflects the state of affairs regarding linking somehow creating
derivative works in the GNU Republic, not this reality.

You can safely ignore such utter nonsense outside the jurisdiction of
the GNU Republic.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)