Re: [News] Richard Stallman Protects MySQL from Oracle

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: [News] Richard Stallman Protects MySQL from Oracle
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:22:41 +0200

Ha ha.

http://keionline.org/ec-mysql

RMS should practice what he preaches

Submitted by peter13j on 20. October 2009 - 18:59.

I am really annoyed, that RMS uses any occasion to spread his dogmatism,
in this case on the expense on several thousands of Sun employees, who
are waiting to see an perspective for their future again. I'm not a Sun
employee myself, but have many friends there, who are depressed by
uncertainty. In between RMS is one of the prominent speakers at an event
in China, that is mostly sponsored by companies who never contributed
anything to free software.

reply.

GPL prevents commercially successful fork

Submitted by Anonymous dude or dudess on 20. October 2009 - 17:50.

Interesting that the author of the GPL (Stallman) tries to intervene in
a case in which the GPL would prevent a commercially successful fork.

I thought this was a feature of the GPL and not a bug?

Does this maybe show that "Permissive" licenses (BSD, Apache, etc.) are
better suited to foster commercial competition?

reply

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)