Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee softwa

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: [Matt Asay Tells The Truth] Stallman: GPL doesn't guarantee software freedom
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:31:18 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> Nonsense.  The "affirmative act" is accomplished in advance when the
> copyright holder acts according to the recommendation:

Go to doctor, idiot dak.

One just can't be a party (licensor or licensee) to an intellectual
property license under unknown/unspecified/future/later terms. A promise
to make a promise is not enforceable.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=nd&vol=20000132&invol=1

"THE COURT: -- it sounded like it was all mixed together, all jumbled,
mumbled and that we needed to talk to Mr. Thorson. Now nobody ever told
me that Mr. Thorson ever agreed, so it sounds like a promise to make a
promise, which of course, the law doesn't recognize as an enforceable
contract. A contract in the future is not a contract. Horn book law. . .
."

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)