Re: [News] Richard Stallman Protects MySQL from Oracle

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [News] Richard Stallman Protects MySQL from Oracle
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:36:13 +0200

> Alan Mackenzie wrote:
>
> [... Stallmanism ...]
>
>> > It is misleading to describe the users of free software, or the software
>> > users in general, as a ?market.?"
>>
>> > <???>
>>
>> > Care to share your views on that, Alan?
>>
>> No.
>
> Why don't you make use of your freedom of speech other than not
> speaking?

I suppose because he does not think he has anything worthwhile to
contribute.  And so he chooses not to contribute it.

The concept may seem alien to you, but I assure you that it is not
unheard of in the civilized world.

Apropos: Mahatma Gandhi once was asked what he thought of Western
civilization.  His reply was "I think it would be a good idea."

--
David Kastrup