Re: Swiss govt agency declares Linux/OSS crapware "not a sufficiental

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Swiss govt agency declares Linux/OSS crapware "not a sufficientalternative to Microsoft products"
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:28:28 +0100

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> In gnu.misc.discuss Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Alan Oh Paragon of Guh-N? Linguistics Mackenzie wrote:
>
> > [... amusing nonsense ...]
>
> > Geistiges Eigentum in German is what "intellectual property" in English
> > you silly.
>
> What an amazing assertion!  Do you have any evidence to back that up?

I've already provided the "evidence" silly.

Try also

http://www.ip.mpg.de/ww/de/pub/aktuelles.cfm
(Max-Planck-Institut für Geistiges Eigentum, Wettbewerbs- und
Steuerrecht)

and click on "English".

You'll get

http://www.ip.mpg.de/ww/en/pub/news.cfm
(Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property, Competition and Tax
Law)

Geistiges Eigentum <==> Intellectual Property

Got it?

> "Geistig" does not mean "intellectual", except as a subsidiary meaning.
> Its primary meaning is "spiritual" or "religious", or perhaps "mental".
> As I said, "geistig" is cognate with "ghostly".
>
> > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geistiges_Eigentum
>
> > "Unter Geistigem Eigentum (auch intellektuelles Eigentum, engl.
> > intellectual property) werden absolute Rechte an immateriellen G?tern
> > verstanden.
>
> Yes.  "Immateriellen Guetern" = "ghostly goods" or "immaterial goods" or
> "goods lacking any substance".  It cannot be "intellectual property".

Intellectual property is a form of intangible property you idiot.

Stocks and bonds are other forms of intangible property.

> > Geistiges Eigentum wird daher auch als Immaterialgueterrecht
> > bezeichnet.  Inhaber eines solchen Rechts ist z. B. der Anmelder eines
> > Patents oder der Schoepfer eines urheberrechtlichen Werks. "
>
> Seems likely.  But there's no "property" anywhere in all that.  There's
> copyright, which is an abstract right, not anything of any material
> substance.

All the euros on your bank account is your intangible property silly.

No?

Go to doctor Alan.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)