Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:48:18 +0100

RJack wrote:
[...]
> But..... from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals:
>
> "The Copyright Act authorizes only two types of claimants to sue for
> copyright infringement: (1) owners of copyrights, and (2) persons who
> have been granted exclusive licenses by owners of copyrights.[Note 3]
>
> [Note 3] ... We do not believe that the Copyright Act permits holders of
> rights under copyrights to choose third parties to bring suits on their
> behalf. While F.R.Civ.P. 17(a) ordinarily permits the real party in
> interest to ratify a suit brought by another party, see Urrutia Aviation
> Enterprises v. B.B. Burson & Associates, Inc., 406 F.2d 769, 770 (5th
> Cir.1969); Clarkson Co. Ltd. v. Rockwell Int'l Corp., 441 F.Supp. 792
> (N.D.Calif.1977), the Copyright Law is quite specific in stating that
> only the "owner of an exclusive right under a copyright" may bring suit.
> 17 U.S.C. Sec.  501(b) (Supp. IV 1980)."; Eden Toys Inc v. Florelee
> Undergarment Co Inc, 697 F.2d 27 (2nd Cir 1983).

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2009/busybox-complaint-2009-12-14.pdf

"Plaintiff Software Freedom Conservancy is the corporate home for the
BusyBox project and the designated copyright enforcement agent for Mr.
Andersen with respect to BusyBox."

LOL.

This farce is a pure PR stunt meant to help SFLC/SFC with fund raising
to pay the inflated salaries to Eben and his underlings.

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/about/team/

Hey GNUtians, donate to your brainwashes:

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/donate/

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)