Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:01:17 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 12/16/2009 10:19 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Man oh man, "actiontec gateway" is how they call the router boxes
>
> No, the link is for a FIOS router, model MI424WR.

Go to doctor Hyman.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2008/next-generation-home-gateways.html

"Next-Generation Home Gateways Will Leverage Verizon FiOS Capacities,
                      ^^^^^^^^
Enable Dynamic Networked Services Inside the Home

Deployment of New Actiontec and Westell Routers Will Boost Total Home
Download Speeds to Up to 175 Megabits per Second, Enable Multiple Wi-Fi
Networks, Simplify In-Home Connectivity, and Support Future Value-Added
Applications

The new equipment includes the MI424-WR by Actiontec and the UltraLine
(r) Series 3 model 9100 by Westell, both custom-built for FiOS to
Verizon specifications. "

MI424WR is "gateway" ("actiontec gateway") in Verizon speak.

https://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Networking/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/86182.htm
("Using the Power light to troubleshoot the Actiontec MI424WR router")

"Power light is flashing red

The router is initializing. If the Power light doesn't display steady
green after a minute, turn off the power switch on the back panel of the
Actiontec gateway for 45 seconds and then turn it back on."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080507121103AAUzXNP
("How to setup a wireless bridge on FIOS?")

"I have the actiontec MI424WR gateway from verizon ..."

To doctor, to doctor you should go Hyman.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)