Re: GPL [***NOT***] upheld on appeal in France

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL [***NOT***] upheld on appeal in France
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:04:46 +0100

Take your meds Hyman

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 2/1/2010 12:41 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > http://www.ifosslr.org/ifosslr/article/view/17/42
>
> As usual, the linked article contradicts your thesis:
>      the decision shows that the court considered the
>      software to be licensed under the terms of the GPL
>      and attached legal significance to the terms.

and read the paragraph to its end.

Don't miss also

"My assertion that open source licenses are, in general, enforceable
under Nordic laws does not mean that, in a particular case, each element
of all licenses could be enforced."

The permission element of the GPL can certainly be enforced AGAINST THE
LICENSOR, stupid.

But that's not WHAT YOU AND OTHER BRAINWASHED GNUTIANS MEAN BY THE GPL
ENFORCEMENT, right silly?

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)