Re: GPL misappropriation

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL misappropriation
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:10:07 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:

> >> The GPL is used for distributing the work as a whole.
> >
> > The GPL just can't apply to the BSDL licensed material because the
> > BSDL doesn't grant sublicensing rights you idiot.
>
> Again: as opposed to patents, copyright applies to rights connected with
> physical copies.

Copyright licenses apply to *intagable* "works" just like patent
licenses apply to *intagable* "inventions" you moron.

http://web.mit.edu/osp/www/IP_NDA%20Roundtable%20Handout_10_4_07.pdf

"Definitions:

IP is a category of intangible rights protecting the products of human
intellect that is unique and/or non-obvious with some value in the
marketplace, including ideas, inventions, literary creations, unique
names, business models, industrial processes, computer program code,
etc. patent, trademark, copyright, mask work, and trade secret are
wellknown examples of Intellectual Property.

Patent is a governmental grant of right, privilege and authority for any
useful, novel, and nonobvious inventions. A patent gives the holder the
exclusive right to exclude others from making, using, selling, offering
to sell, and importing any patented invention. Note, however, that a
patent does not provide the holder any affirmative right to practice a
technology, since it may fall under a broader patent owned by others;
instead, your patent only provides the right to exclude others from
practicing it.

Copyright is a property right in original works of authorship which have
been fixed in any tangible medium of expression in the particular
literary work, musical work, computer program, video or motion picture
or sound recording, photograph, sculpture, etc. A copyright owner has
the exclusive right to reproduce the work, prepare derivative works,
distribute by sale or otherwise, and display or perform the work
publicly. In contrast to a patent which protects the “idea”, copyright
covers the “artistic expression.”"

Hth, uh retard dak.

P.S. "I'm insufficiently motivated to go set up a GNU/Linux system
so that I can do the builds."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)