Re: SCO moronic loss in Novell suit

From: RJack
Subject: Re: SCO moronic loss in Novell suit
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:12:00 -0000

spike1@freenet.co.uk wrote:
And verily, didst RJack <user@example.net> hastily babble thusly:
SCO lost its meaningless copyright suit with Novell yesterday. http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20100330152829622

Here is my old 29 Dec 2007 post to this group about SCO:

 SCO, was a really stupid company that initially released software
under the GPL. Remember SCO Linux? After discovering the folly of
the GPL business model they tried mindless litigation.

You have absolutely no grasp of the history of SCO group. SCO didn't
begin with the release of SCO linux, they began as a LINUX distribution called Caldera.

I do have sufficient grasp of history such that I own a copy of an
original release CD for Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 (Sam's ISBN
0-672-31761-3). How 'bout you?

For many years they were a SUCCESSFUL linux distribution who aquired
enough cash to BUY stuff like DRDOS and SCO.

Only once they had bought SCO did they decide suddenly to start suing
people over the linux they themselves had been distributing for the
previous few years.
Any company that thinks that the long term capitalization of GPL software is possible deserves to eventually go bankrupt in
litigation. Good riddance to SCO. They deserved it.

The GPL has NOTHING to do with why they began litigation, they hired
an utterly insane individual as CEO called Darl McBride who deluded
himself and the company into believing that IBM had included THEIR
property from SCO unix into the linux kernel.

5 years later and not a single line of code has been found that
infringes.

So what? Who gives a rat's ass? Not me.

Sincerely,
RJack :)