Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC stipulated dismissal of Comtrend without any settlement
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:15:10 -0000

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 4/13/2010 1:14 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > 17 U.S.C. § 109(a)
>
> The works copied and distributed by the defendants are not
> first-sale copies.

Copies lawfully made fall under 17 USC 109 (fair use copies are also
lawfully made but distribution of such copies is subject to fair use
analysis just like making of such copies), idiot.

> They are being created and distributed

http://www.terekhov.de/Samsung-Answer.pdf

"As a separate and distinct Twelfth Affirmative Defense and each
claim for relief alleged therein, Defendant alleges that Plaintiffs’
claim for copyright infringement is barred under at least the
provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 109(a), as Defendant was licensed and any
copies alleged to be infringing were, therefore, lawfully made. "

To understand it better, think of the following saga:

Samsung (calling SFLC):

Hello SFLC, this is Samsung calling. Please be advised that we've made 1
(ONE) BILLION copies of GPL'd material copied verbatim and/or with
modifications. Please contact us within 3 (THREE) BUSINESS DAYS if you
think that our copies are infringing.

(After three days...)

Samsung (calling SFLC again):

Hello SFLC, this is Samsung calling. Please stick the GPL "permission to
pass copies" in Stallman's big ass as we are going to pass our copies
under 17 USC 109, thank you.

Got it now, silly dak?

P.S. "Every computer program in the world, BusyBox included, exceeds the
originality standards required by copyright law."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)