Re: Time to put up or shut up!

From: RJack
Subject: Re: Time to put up or shut up!
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:15:50 -0000

Hyman Rosen wrote:
On 4/14/2010 3:51 PM, RJack wrote:
Ahhhhh! I know what! Let's just deny everything and mooooooooooooooove the goalposts!

The GPL is a perfectly straightforward copyright license, trivially easy to comply with. It is only the people who want to avoid the obligations of the GPL while still copying and distributing GPL-covered works who claim to have any difficulty "understanding" it. No one is forced to accept the GPL, but there is no other way to get to copy and distribute GPL-covered works.

Sounds like a Marxist dream-come-true to me.

1) Dangle promises of copyright permissions.
2) Steal the rights of those who accept the offer.

Maybe in the Marxist land of GNU, that fraud is morally and
legally acceptable but under U.S. law it is an illegal misuse of
copyright that is strictly against public policy.

Sincerely,
RJack :)