Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library

From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:10:06 -0000

On 2010-03-23 04:53:04 -0400, Lieven Marchand said:

As far as I can tell, GPL CLISP would allow you to distribute your
commercial applications compiled and dumped with it.

My understanding is that if your published application (commercial or otherwise) uses facilities of CLISP not generally available in other lisps (i.e., CLISP specific extensions to common lisp) then you would be required to release the source of your application under the GPL.

IOW, an application that could just as easily be distributed using sbcl or ccl, etc. does not need to open its source, but one that is clisp specific does.

warmest regards,

Ralph

--
Raffael Cavallaro