Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library

From: Pillsy
Subject: Re: Recommendation for a CL data structures library
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:10:11 -0000

On Mar 21, 10:14 pm, p...@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon)
wrote:
> Raffael Cavallaro <raffaelcavall...@pas.espam.s.il.vous.plait.mac.com>
> writes:
[...]
> > Which is why many developers choose to avoid this possibility and use
> > LGPL/LLGPL/BSD/MIT/Apache licensed libraries instead. And now we've
> > come full circle.

> Sure.

> And the question remains why you should imposes your choices on me?

He shouldn't, and AFAICT isn't trying to.

Upthread, you said that you allow people to use your libraries at the
price of abiding by the GPL. Pointing out that the price you charge is
too high for a given market is not remotely the same thing as forcing
you to choose a different price. Indeed, people attempt to negotiate,
better prices with vendors all the time. Of course, vendors refuse to
lower their prices in response to such requests with a good deal of
frequency as well.

When the consideration being exchanged is just a pile of currency,
this is all regarded as so mundane that people hardly notice it. The
only thing that's different here is that the negotiation is over
source code instead of money.

Cheers,
Pillsy