Re: Big blow to proprietary linking nonsense.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Big blow to proprietary linking nonsense.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:55:56 -0000

RJack <user@example.net> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Well, you can't have both.  If you choose to count Stallman among
>> Marxists, obviously they have not "all failed dismally".  Free
>> software is exploding in importance.
>
> Yeah... "exploding in importance". I used to read reports about Linus
> Torvald's seminars "World Domination 101" ten years ago.

You really should do something about those hallucinations.  There were
no such seminars, just a jocular reference.  At least it was sort of
jocular in 1991 or 1992 when it was made.  People have stopped laughing
about it long since.

> Same old shit, different decade. LMAO.

Well, world domination in internet servers was already achieved in 1999,
according to <URL:http://leb.net/hzo/ioscount/data/r.9904.txt>

And Apache has been serving more than 50% of active websites for a
similar amount of time.

Among the top 500 super computers, GNU/Linux is employed on 78.2%
<URL:http://www.top500.org/stats/list/34/os>.

That's not exactly insignificant...

--
David Kastrup