Re: The great BusyBox fraud continues

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: The great BusyBox fraud continues
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:56:25 -0000

RayLopez99 <raylopez88@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 4, 5:40 am, RJack <u...@example.net> wrote:
>
>> Erik Andersen continues to claim ownership of BusyBox v0.60.2 although
>> he has contributed no executable code to the compiled BusyBox binary at
>> all -- it doesn't get any more dishonest than this. It would be a
>> toss-up to decide who is the bigger liar -- The Sofware Freedom
>> Conservancy INC or SCO Inc.
>>
>> If Western Digital's attorneys allow this rank, fraudulent request for
>> default judgment to proceed, they should be restricted to practicing law
>> in Siberia.
>>

> Right.  And they won't.  This is just another IP troll attempt, this
> time by the Linux crowd, to extract money from corporations in the
> legal arena after having failed in the marketplace.

<URL:http://www.top500.org/stats/list/35/osfam>

455 systems are powered by Linux.  5 systems by Windows.

I consider this more a sign of failure of Microsoft's "High performance
computing Windows" initiative.

<URL:http://www.drdobbs.com/184404102>

    Thomas Watson, Jr, IBM's CEO, noted in a famous memo to IBM
    employees: "Last week, Control Data ... announced the 6600 system. I
    understand that in the laboratory developing the system there are
    only 34 people including the janitor. Of these, 14 are engineers and
    4 are programmers... Contrasting this modest effort with our vast
    development activities, I fail to understand why we have lost our
    industry leadership position by letting someone else offer the
    world's most powerful computer." To which Cray replied: "It seems
    like Mr. Watson has answered his own question."

--
David Kastrup