Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:57:08 -0000

This is hilarious.

> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php
>
> (in comments)

-----
What's the Latest in the Psystar Appeal?

Authored by: hymie on Wednesday, July 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM EDT

Sigh. I'm now annoyed with myself for once having contributed money
to help support Groklaw. The notion of supporting restrictions on
what one may do with legally purchased copies of software, EULAs
notwithstanding, is about as far from the idea of software freedom
as I can imagine. Making money is irrelevant. As had been endlessly
explained, the GPL allows you to make money too. And first sale
means that if you buy software, including GPLed software, you can
resell it without being bound by its license. First sale is far too
valuable a freedom to sacrifice, and that's what's being advocated
here.
-----

The GPL's girl reply:

-----
What's the Latest in the Psystar Appeal?

Authored by: PJ on Wednesday, July 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM EDT

Email me and I'll return every dime.

This isn't advocacy, by the way. I'm explaining
why I think this case, if Psystar wins, will be
used to destroy the GPL and all FOSS licenses.

Just so you know.
-----

Sez Pee The-Ends-Justify-The-Means Jay.

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm