Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:57:47 -0000

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> writes:

> On 8/5/2010 3:11 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>> Hyman Rosen is spin doctoring CAFC's Jacobsen opinion
>
> The court ruled that the copyright conditions found in a specific
> open license were indeed copyright conditions such that copying
> without honoring them is copyright violation. This is cognitively
> unacceptable to GPL cranks who have built their identity on asserting
> the opposite, so they respond in various unconvincing ways, such as
> by directing ad hominem attacks at the judge or by insisting that the
> decision has no broad implications.

I think that trying to claim the effective reverse out of a factual
result like that would go by the title of "spin doctoring".  Of course,
accusing everybody else of doing just that fits right in.

Our local cranks are vacillating somewhere between "spin doctoring" and
"fully delusional".  The latter degree applies when they manage to
believe their own nonsense.

The kind of defiant embarrassment they exhibit whenever a court puts out
a verdict would tend to suggest the latter.

--
David Kastrup