Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:58:18 -0000

ZnU wrote:
[...]
> > Why should I believe that the GPL forms a condition precedent when
> > no one have ever demonstrated that it does so?
>
> Because a court found that the Artistic License did, and the language
> and mechanism through which the GPL grants permission to redistribute is
> similar.

Read also the PDF below. What do think about Appellee's arguments
against such a finding?

http://jmri.sourceforge.net/k/docket/cafc-pi-1/Appellee_brief.pdf
("More importantly, while Katzer agrees that the "conditions" to
distribution and modifications use the phraseology associated with
"condition precedent" (i.e. "provided, that") Katzer...")

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)