Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: Psystar's legal reply brief in response to Apple
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:58:49 -0000

On 8/10/2010 1:10 PM, RJack wrote:
As I said, no federal court has ever reviewed the contract language of
the GPL. It is common for those unfamiliar with legal proceedings to
confuse a "matter of fact" with a "matter of law".

There are thousands of licenses which have never been reviewed
by a court. In the case of the GPL, we actually have a judge who
has read the license and did not say "What? This is crazy!" but
instead sees it as an ordinary license about which there can be
ordinary disputes as to whether its terms have been met. That is
more court scrutiny than most other licenses ever get.

No court has ever said that the GPL is not valid, including a
court that has read the GPL. I will rely on that, rather than
the wishful thinking of a crank who believes that someday a
court will see things his way.