Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:02:52 -0000

Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:
>> How about approach 2A: allow free copying of music and films, but instead
>> of paying artists out of taxes, they get paid by a levy on high speed
>> internet lines.  A levy of, say $50 a year, or $100 a year could provide
>> handsome income to musicians and film-makers.  There are obviously
>> difficult practical issues to sort out, but given how badly copyright now
>> misworks the levy would probably work better.
>
> I don't download music or films (legally or illegally).  Why
> should I pay such a fee?

Exactly. Freetards like Alan expect others who dont mind PAYING for
things to also subsidise his abuse of other peoples hard work.

That group are simply insane. Who the fuck are they to say what an
artist deserves for their work? If they don't like it then noone is
forcing them to buy it. It's a market price.