Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:03:08 -0000

Tim Smith wrote:
[...]
> Last time I checked, food and household merchandise have the necessary
> attributes that allows a free market to give economically correct
> resource allocation, and so have not had to rely on an artificial
> infusion of those attributes combined with a societal agreement that we
> will pretend that these attributes are real, and so with food and
> household goods you do not have the case that you have something with a
> marginal cost of zero relying almost completely on people being nice for
> it to work.

There are many physical things with the fixed price of development
(think intellectual property) and production facilities dominates (vs.
marginal cost of producing a thing). An example is the CPU. Do you want
Intel to sell their processors for the price of silicon they are made
from? Do you want BMW and Mercedes to sell their cars for the price of
metal and plastic and textile plus a small "marginal cost" to build it
all together?

http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)