NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 21 December 2010 NYLUG Hack Workshop: Rockbox Install

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 21 December 2010 NYLUG Hack Workshop: Rockbox Installfest
Date: 20 Dec 2010 02:41:19 -0500

  what="official NYLUG Hack Workshop announcement"
  other-meeting="4th NY Technical Holiday Party
                 http://www.bootup.io/holiday-party
                 rsvp requested"
  edits="">

 From: Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan@gmail.com>
 Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:58:52 -0500
 To: NYLUG Technical Discussion <nylug-talk@nylug.org>, hangout@mrbrklyn.com
 Cc: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
 Subject: [nylug-talk] Rockbox Installfest on 21 December at NY Public Library,
66 Leroy Street, New York

 Hey folks, as our last Hack Workshop of the year, and in celebration
 of the holidays, I would like to announce
 that our final Workshop will be a installfest for Rockbox.

 Rockbox is a powerful firmware replacement for a large and growing
 collection of MP3 players. Besides a new
 user interface, Rockbox includes a plethora of features that greatly
 enhance and expand upon the capabilites
 normally offered by stock factory firmwares in many players, including:

 * The ability to use a larger number of audio codecs, including Ogg
 Vorbis, FLAC, Musepack, Monkey's Audio,
 Shorten, and much more
 * Voiced menus; Rockbox can speak out menu items for you, and with a
 TTS engine, can be expanded to also
 speak folder and filenames for you!
 * Bookmarks, useful for those who listen to radio plays and audiobooks
 * Far more than I can mention without making this email too big! :P

 For those interested in seeing what Rockbox can truly do, or to see
 what players are supported, check out the
 project's webpage:

 http://www.rockbox.org

 I'll be on hand to help people install Rockbox onto their players and
 explore the features offered. We will meet as usual
 at the Hudson Park branch of the New York Public Library, 66 Leroy
 Street. The nearest train stops are the Houston St
 and Christopher St stations on the 1 line. Bring your MP3 players with
 you (and make sure to check the list on the site!).

 Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :)

 --Robert
 --
 Nobody's ever lost in life...they're merely taking the scenic route.