No source code for Hyman - was: Re: Sharing the GPL source code, with v

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: No source code for Hyman - was: Re: Sharing the GPL source code, with value addition by vendor specific to his hardware?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:06:12 -0000

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 10/13/2010 8:17 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Hey Hyman how is the progress to get the source code for a refurbished
> > Insignia player you so badly needed some time ago, silly?
> >
> > <chuckles>
>
> Nothing yet. This is, of course, why the SFLC is still pressing
> its suit against Insignia. If it gets to trial, Insignia will be
> in the rather odd position of having promised to comply with the
> GPL in its manual. Sounds like promissory estoppel to me.

On 06/14/2011 it was ordered to dismiss the claims against "Insignia"
(the defendant was Best Buy) WITH PREJUDICE per stipulation filed by
Busybox Plaintiffs and "Insignia" (the defendant was Best Buy).

http://terekhov.de/204.pdf

(In exchange Best Buy agreed that its counter claims against Busybox
plaintiffs be dismissed as well).

Forget the source code, Hyman.

Oh mighty mighty GPL...

<chuckles>