Re: FSF associate membership

From: RJack
Subject: Re: FSF associate membership
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:06:36 -0000

On 7/25/2011 9:18 AM, Kari Laine wrote:
need GnuPG to verify this message

On 07/25/2011 02:38 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:

David Kastrup wrote: [...]
Anyway, a significant amount of the trolling here is spillover
from uncalled-for crosspostings.  comp.os.linux.advocacy is one
group that is pretty much troll central: there is little enough
content to be found above mud level.

Linux is what made it possible for Richard Stallman to pollute the
environment by countless aircraft travelling giving decades old
speeches as no other traveller/speaker before him. Without Linux
nobody would host/invite RMS. Without linux, nobody would donate
significant money to FSF/SFLC.

regards, alexander.

Alexander,

What have you exactly done in computer science? I know you will jerk
out and ask what I have done - I have not done anything.

RMS is one of the best programmers there is. Linus is a very good
programmer but he is a good technical manager also.

RMS started the FSF in 19884/1985 with almost no money. He
sacrificed his big pay he could have received in salary and options
by working in some big software house.

RMS had an ideology which was very human and against capitalistic
pigs of software industry.

I have newer heard a speech of RMS but I will certainly try to attend
if he ever comes to Finland again.

Thank you for reminding me that I really should consider donating
some money to FSF.

Just WTF does technical programming expertise have to do with Marxist
social engineering? I think you have category confusion.

Sincerely,
RJack :)