Re: Tuesday 5 June 2012 Library of Congress: Argument before the Registe

From: GreyCloud
Subject: Re: Tuesday 5 June 2012 Library of Congress: Argument before the Register of Copyrights For and Against the Right of Private Ownership of a Computer
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:09:56 -0600

On 6/4/2012 1:56 PM, Foster wrote:
On 4 Jun 2012 15:42:33 -0400, secretary@lxny.org wrote:

In Washington DC on Tuesday 5 June 2012 at 1:30 pm in the
Jefferson Building, there will be a discussion of Proposed
Exemption 4 to the "Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright
Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies" which
prohibition is a part of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
   On the panel, our side is strong.  In addition to Brett Wynkoop
   and Jay Sulzberger of New Yorkers for Fair Use, we've got
   Aaron Williamson, of the Software Freedom Law Center, and
   Marcia Hoffman, of the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

My advice to the unwashed Linux minions is to stay home.

Seeing you "neck bearded" freetards in person will be too much of a
shock for congress and it certainly will not help your cause any.

Hehehe ... fair use? What about the consumers? Or the developers for that matter? All the developers I've seen always want some kind of remuneration, unless all the new beginning developers wants is recognition.