Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Snit
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:40:06 -0700

On 7/13/13 8:25 PM, in article krt5na$o5b$1@dont-email.me, "Red Blade"
<penachew@yomomma.hot.invalid> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:15:24 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>>> Through the years, I warned people on Usenet and IRC (especially
>>> Freenode) about NSA code in Linux and they told me "Living Standard"
>>> was a MAFIAA coup waiting to happen. They said "You're crazy", "it's
>>> impossible", "You're paranoid", "Don't use the Internet at all!", etc.
>>> Now look what their gullibility and blind trust of government spooks
>>> and multinational corporations got us!
>>
>> Corporations will gain more and more power - and governments will bow
>> down to them more and more.
>
> The problem here is not government or corporations. It's individuals
> trusting organizations, corporation or nonprofit, free and nonfree, no
> matter what they do, who they associate with, or what kind of reputation
> they have.

To some extent, true - but it would take a major level of organization to
make any real difference. Maybe when things get so bad. Right now, at least
in the US, there is such division between the parties and between the
religious and non-religious (mostly Christian vs. atheist) that cooperation
is not possible.

> (Again note I made a mistake, "they told me "Living Standard" was a
> MAFIAA coup waiting to happen." should instead be "I told them...")

I figured that was what you meant. No harm.

--
"This doesn't mean our work is over; most GNU/Linux distros today contain
nonfree software, and there are more things that we expect a system to do."