Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Snit
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 20:46:42 -0700

On 7/13/13 8:28 PM, in article 1eixcv3ynfrsy.aptwb8xhgm2.dlg@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <phlatphish@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I think open source will stick around... but the herd-like group of open
>> source "advocates" (a minority in the open source world) will continue to be
>> proved wrong.
>>
>> Stallman and his followers will continue to insist that the restrictions
>> they like (the control they want) is what makes thing most free and some
>> will even say it has some sort of spiritual significance. It is a religion
>> to them.
>>
>>> Through the years, I warned people on Usenet and IRC (especially
>>> Freenode) about NSA code in Linux and they told me "Living Standard" was
>>> a MAFIAA coup waiting to happen. They said "You're crazy", "it's
>>> impossible", "You're paranoid", "Don't use the Internet at all!", etc.
>>> Now look what their gullibility and blind trust of government spooks and
>>> multinational corporations got us!
>>
>> Corporations will gain more and more power - and governments will bow down
>> to them more and more.
>
> Corporation = Government....
>
> Do you honestly believe your vote counts as much as IBM's or
> Microsoft's or MSNBC's or..... ?

Well, they can buy people's opinions and pretty much force votes. It is
insane. Free speech makes sense - completely. But money is *not* free speech
- if it was then as a defense in a court case you could just pay the judge
or jurors!

> The USA is NOT a democracy.
>
> It's a corporate oligarchy.

Petty much.

--
"Blocking adolescents¹ access to porn, or keeping them ignorant of sex in
any way, is likely to stunt their emotional growth and make them vulnerable