Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Red Blade
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:06:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:23:01 -0700, Snit wrote:

> What method would you suggest for companies and individuals to protect
> their property?
>
> For example, I produce video series I sell. How should I protect them in
> your view?

Figure it out. Every other industry which does not depend on government
regulation and trade agreements, fights to survive in a high-tech world,
but "artists" are "special".

Note also that "copyright as property" didn't exist in the United States
until Ayn Rand under influence from Spooner. In the Constitution, it is
defined as a "limited" grant, and the Founding Fathers set it for 14
years. Note also that copyright falls under the federal constitution,
while theft of actual physical is not a federal crime, it is a state
crime.

--

Red Blade

http://www.libertycolumns.com/