Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Red Blade
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:49:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:51:25 -0700, Snit wrote:

> The question is about how I should protect my property... and you (in my
> mind correctly) acknowledged it should be my choice. And those choices
> include many DRM methods which are available to me. My choice.
>
> Choice is good.

No, because the law forces us to accept your "choice" or become felons
and serve heavy fines and jailtime (WIPO treaty/DMCA, etc). Otherwise,
your malicious attempts to control your customers' private lives and use
of private property in their private homes, you would be playing catch-up
with your malicious products like you should.

Or maybe we'd have a *REAL* choice - the choice to buy something from
someone who sells your videos with your privacy-intrusive and property-
destroying copy controls, subjecting you to the laws of a just and true
free market where your video business will be forced to be non-
destructive and non-intrusive in order to survive.

--

Red Blade

http://www.libertycolumns.com/
http://www.danq.co/