Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla

From: Snit
Subject: Re: Yet Another Tech Industry Whore-Out: Mozilla
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 18:29:19 -0700

On 7/14/13 5:49 PM, in article krvgu6$ebu$2@dont-email.me, "Red Blade"
<penachew@yomomma.hot.invalid> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:51:25 -0700, Snit wrote:
>

>> The question is about how I should protect my property... and you (in my
>> mind correctly) acknowledged it should be my choice. And those choices
>> include many DRM methods which are available to me. My choice.
>>
>> Choice is good.
>
> No, because the law forces us to accept your "choice" or become felons
> and serve heavy fines and jailtime (WIPO treaty/DMCA, etc).

Of course you do not get to use *my* property as *you* wish... you get to
use my property as *I* wish (or as I license you to use it, really).

> Otherwise, your malicious attempts to control your customers' private lives
> and use of private property in their private homes, you would be playing
> catch-up with your malicious products like you should.

How is it malicious to want to control my own property? I do not follow.

> Or maybe we'd have a *REAL* choice - the choice to buy something from someone
> who sells your videos with your privacy-intrusive and property- destroying
> copy controls, subjecting you to the laws of a just and true free market where
> your video business will be forced to be non- destructive and non-intrusive in
> order to survive.

Who said I would do anything destructive or intrusive? I was talking about
protecting my property. You changed the topic completely!

--
"But you used an untraceable "burner phone" which I could not call back to."
-- Mark Bilk, showing he thinks people cannot call "burner phones" even if