Re: [Backtotheaugust] Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: [Backtotheaugust] Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:45:23 -0500

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 3:16 AM František Kučera <konference@frantovo.cz> wrote:
The problem with this approach is the risk of hostile takeover. There
are corporations (e.g. those that profit from proprietary
software/cloud) ... that have almost unlimited
(from our point of view) financial and developers resources – which
allows them to bend such organization according to their needs.

So if this is to have a chance of success, there must be a rigid
(immutable) constitution which guarantees the principles in the long
term. ...
<https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html>. Maybe they should be
transformed into a constitutional document (while retaining the original
meaning, of course).

Franta, I made suggestions, days ago, about a constitution for GNU. Let's work on this suggestion.

Adrienne
--
Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!

GNU C-Graph - http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph