Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 22:20:08 +0200

Ruben Safir, le jeu. 24 oct. 2019 16:16:23 -0400, a ecrit:
> When you want to do something your way and RMS disagrees, that is not a
> problem... at least for GNU.

It is a problem for GNU. Saying "if you disagree, leave!" is not going
to help getting people in. I don't think we want to see a GNU project
containing only the old venerable hackers, who will inevitably leave
(because of e.g. babies or age) one after the other.

> Your disagreement and not getting what you want is not a "problem",
> not for 8 years and not for 30 years..

Refusing to call it a problem doesn't mean that it's not a problem.

Samuel