Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 13:55:59 -0400

   > The only way tackle non-free software is to explicitly reject it, at
   > all times.

   Then we can write that in a GNU social contract, instead of having to
   rely on stubborn governance.

Yet again, you argue that we should have a weaker governance -- that
"stubborn governance" is what is needed to keep things free.  If
anything, we should have even more stubborn goverance -- and that can
only be done by a trusted group of people that are willing to uphold
the values of the GNU project -- not something a community can do.  By
ignoring that Debian failed to achive a 100% free software system by
the exact means you are trying to purpose you fall into the same trap.

   Writing down the MUSTs to have the community enforce it
   collectively is better than needing somebody with a stick.

We already have that written down in the form of the philosophical
sections on the GNU web pages. No?